Cloud computing has clearly become a driving force in the information technology world. Cloud-based strategies give these companies the chance to bring their own innate intelligence and knowledge into every sales situation. While on-premise systems could also do this, cloud-based systems were quicker to roll out, easier to customize and showed potential to increase adoption rates across resellers.
Some of the benefits of cloud computing include the following:
- Cost: Cloud computing eliminates the capital expenses of buying hardware and software to run datacentres.
- Speed: Because most cloud computing services are provided on-demand, vast amounts of computing resources can be provisioned in minutes.
- Scale: Cloud computing provides the ability to scale globally, meaning that companies can get the right amount of resources in virtually any geographic location.
- Productivity: Cloud computing removes the need for hardware set up, software patching, and other time-consuming tasks, which increases productivity of employees in IT teams across companies.
- Performance: Since cloud computing services are run on a worldwide network of secure datacentres, they are regularly updated to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. This offers some benefits over a single corporate datacentres, including greater economies of scale and reduced network latency for applications.
- Reliability: Cloud computing makes data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity easier and less expensive, since data can be mirrored at multiple sites on the cloud computing provider’s network.
In general, there are three types of cloud computing services: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
IaaS is a way of delivering cloud computing infrastructure – servers, storage, network, and operating systems – as an on-demand service, rather than purchasing that infrastructure. In IaaS, resources are distributed as a service, which allows for dynamic scaling. This type of service makes sense when an organization has very volatile demand, and as a result, there is fluctuating demand for the infrastructure as well. It is also great for companies that are new and do not have the capital to invest in new hardware or if a company is growing rapidly and needs to scale its resources.
PaaS allows for the creation of web applications quickly and easily without the complexity of buying and maintaining the underlying software and infrastructure. In other words, it is a platform for the creation of software, delivered over the internet. PaaS is different from IaaS in the value added from providing a platform for software development, focused on workflow management regardless of data source, and a platform for the creation of software utilizing data from an application. This type of service makes sense when there are multiple developers working on a development project or other external parties need to interact with the development process. In other words, PaaS makes is easier for developers to create web or mobile applications without worrying about setting up the underlying infrastructure.
SaaS is a process for delivering software applications over the internet, on-demand, and typically on a subscription basis. Cloud providers host and manage the software application and underlying infrastructure and handle any maintenance, such as software upgrades and security patching. SaaS has been a growing method of delivering technology, such as in financial management, customer relationship management, healthcare management.
How Skyla can help?
Our experienced team can deploy and manage cloud infrastructure as needed by our clients’ requirements. We have extensive experience in deploying custom applications on a cloud-based infrastructure. It has greatly helped our customers to manage resources and cost effectively.
Our dedicated cloud team can work with you to understand your requirement in detail and provide necessary guidance.
© Copyright 2019, Skyla Software Solution Private Limited | All Rights Reserved